Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Full Passport

What happens when there are no more visa pages in your passport?  You apply for more!  My trip to the American consulate in Hanoi to apply for more visa pages perhaps officially dubbed me as an avid traveller.  Several weeks ago, reminiscing through the pages of my passport, I came to the end and realized there are no longer blank pages waiting to be tightly wound into memories.  Chockfull of entry and exit stamps, three different forms of various visas, and copious nostalgia, my passport is a beautiful art form representing my alternative international universe in the past 7 years of my life.  I am no longer the 16-year-old wondering if a passport could ever be entirely filled with diplomatic markings.  Now I only hope I can make a dent into the next pages in the three years still remaining until expiration.  

A full passport.  A full life.  

No comments: